Thursday, September 4, 2008

S3874 nursing top

[photo missing]
This nursing top is based on another idea from Rostitchery. The top part (the overlay) is from Simplicity 3874 (now OOP), which, conveniently, has an underbust seam. I put on the dress I made from this pattern to confirm that I could cut the back piece on the fold and get rid of the zipper. The underlay is a simple rectangle.
After taking the above photo I tacked the underlay to the overlay's armhole seam allowances, to keep the underlay from getting pulled down whenever I sat down.
Fabric used: a thrifted super soft, all-cotton sheet.
It's cute, but I should have adjusted for the larger & lower mammaries.

By the way, I overcame my lazy tendencies and fixed the nursing T by taking in the underbust elastic--it looks much better!
In non-sewing news: I got Baby N to smile at me today!

No comments: