Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Year of Living Frugally

This year I am trying to be greener, more creative and more frugal. I haven't purchased any new (unused) clothing since January 23, other than necessary exceptions: I bought new tights and socks, which I needed, and which cannot be made by (my) hand nor purchased secondhand (non-stretched-out black tights? in the Bay Area? not likely). My Jan 23 purchase was shoes, if you must know. Admittedly I haven't needed new shoes since the early '90s.

I made this knitting needle roll for my sister from a thrift-store pillow sham. The needles were a yard sale find--a big box of knitting needles & crochet hooks, all sizes, for only $1. I imagine the previous owner must have been a prolific crafter to have had such a complete set.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Have you checked out this blogger? She has a group you might want to join:
http://www.nikkishell.typepad.com/wardroberefashion/